What is a Technical Proficiency Area?
Technical Proficiency Areas are key areas of human resources (HR), identified by IMPA-Canada that outline the fundamental knowledge and skills required in order to achieve the desired designation.
An individual must demonstrate their knowledge, experience and expertise at the required journey or mastery level in order to qualify for the stated technical proficiency.
The core technical proficiencies outlined by IPMA-Canada include:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee and Labour Relations
- Organizational Effectiveness and Employee Learning
- Employee Benefits
- Diversity, Inclusion and Cultural Awareness
- HR Policy, Planning, Research, and Analysis
- Health, Wellness and Safety
- Change Management
For detailed information on each technical proficiency and for descriptions of the journey or mastery proficiency levels please download and view our Certification Brochure.