IPMA-EX recognizes individuals who are expert-level human resource (HR) professionals and who are at the pinnacle of their profession demonstrating their expert understanding in HR as a Business Partner, Change Agent and Leader.
The certification requirements for an IPMA-EX include:
- Completion of a graduate level degree from a recognized post secondary institution and a minimum of six years’ recent professional HR experience; OR
• Completion of a bachelors’ level degree from a recognized post-secondary institution and a minimum of eight years’ recent professional HR experience; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and training and a minimum of 12 years’ recent professional HR experience; AND
- Currently hold the designation of IPMA-Advanced Certified Professional (IPMA-ACP); AND
- Currently or within the past 12 months hold the position of Director, Executive Director, or Vice President with the responsibility of HR management including the full suite of HR services or specialized HR services, and is responsible for direct or indirect supervision of a minimum of five HR professionals.
Complete the IPMA-EXACP Application Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once certified, you will be required to recertify every three years. View information on the requirements for recertification.
For detailed information on our International Certification Program please download and view our Certification Brochure.